Friday, October 3, 2008

Who Am I?

I am a professional RN who has worked in many areas of professional health care. My career has spanned the emergency room, supervising an operating room and psychiatric nursing. I retired about the time my grandson turned 5 and went off to kindergarten. My grandson was insistent on riding the school bus. So as an overprotective grandmother I followed the school bus to make sure he reached his classroom.

After a few days I began to know the people at the school. The principle found out I was an RN and said as long as your coming everyday, we need a school nurse. And 7 years later I have never regretted the decision.

Before becoming the school nurse my grandson called me Ehop for no reason I can give you. Since he also attended the school all the kids soon came to know me as Nurse Ehop. Now you know my story, and now I will tell you the stories I hear from the kids.

No comments: