Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kindergarteners and Halloween

I asked kindergarteners today what they are going to be dressing up as for Halloween.

Two little boys got off to a bad start with my question. The altercation is as follows:

Boy 1: “I’m gonna be spiderman! A good one, black spiders, man they are bad ones.”
Boy 2: “No yer not! Yer gonna be a monster.”
Boy 1: “No I’m not, monsters are scary. They put glue and stuff all over their faces.”
Boy 2: “I’m gonna be Sponge Bob, he’s nice.”
Boy 1: “You can’t be him cause he’s in the ocean.”
Now Boy 2 pushes Boy 1, Boy 1 cries. They both get a reprimand from their teacher.

Girl: “I'm gonna be a good fairy with wings to fly, having a fairy stick with a star on it that is magic and makes everything turn to good stuff like candy. “

Girl: “I'm gonna be a witch with a broom and I can fly too. I can fly higher than a fairy. I can reach the moon.”

Boy: “You know that man from spiderman? He has hair all the way down to his foot? I'm gonna be him.”
Nurse Ehop: “What's his name?---
Boy: He thought awhile then saidm "Jackson, he's cool.”

Boy: “My Mom's making my costume. She gave me a shirt she tore up and my Dad's old hat cause he doesn't want it no more.”
Nurse Ehop: “That sounds like your going to dress like a hobo boy.”
Boy: “Oh yeah, my Mom's gettin me a real big bag fer candy. She wants me to get lots of stuff.”

Boy: “My friend is gonna be….. Oh… my gosh, I can't remember his name. He's the big fat guy from Chicken Little. I don't know what’s his name. He's the mean one that destroys the town. He's a big giant. My other friend is gonna be Chicken Little. He looks like a little chicken, almost, he is the size of a pig.”

No comments: