Friday, October 10, 2008

Maverick or Sidekick?

In the spirit of the presidential campaign, there is debate from both sides whether a certain candidate is a Maverick or a Sidekick. I try to be very non partisan in my views when talking to the children but I thought it would be fun to see, without actually talking about the campaign, what the kids thought of these labels. My question for today to the children, “Would you rather be a Maverick or a Sidekick?”

Girl (kindergarten): I’m not allowed to kick, my little sister kicks me.

Boy (2nd grade): What would I have to look like.

Girl (1st grade): I don’t think my mommy will let me be that.

Girl (kindergarten): No, I don’t want to be that. I’m going to be a witch for Halloween.

Girl (kindergarten): I don’t want to tell you. I’m too scared.

Girl (kindergarten): I want to go now. (I guess she didn’t want to talk about it).

Group of first grade boys:

Boy 1: Is that dangerous?

Boy 2: No, it’s a superhero.

Boy 3: No it’s not it’s a cowboy.

Boy 4: I think it’s a game for you to play on the computer. I saw that in Wal-Mart one time.

No comments: