Monday, October 6, 2008

My Dad is Smarter then Yours

Finally I have some breathing room to talk to the kids after the typical Monday morning rush. I sat around with several 2nd graders in a group talking about things that happen at home.

One 2nd grader was telling another that “My Dad is smarter then yours”. I looked at the boy and asked him tell me about his Dad. He said, “His name is Juan and he learnded every grade. He’s a computer guy”.

Next to this boy was a smaller boy and he was trying very had to interrupt by waving his hand to speak. Not getting any attention the smaller boy moved in front of the group and said “Sophie is the smartest one in my house cause he scratches the door to potty and he wipes hisself on the grass”.

Jennie was also emphatic about having her turn “My sister is smarter, my Mom asks her how to spell.”

Enjoy your morning.

No comments: