Monday, October 27, 2008

First Graders and Halloween

I asked a bunch of First Graders what they were going to dress up as for Halloween and why they picked that costume.

Girl: “Princess because they are pretty and they have wings and you get lots of candy if you are one.”

Boy: “Batman because he is my favorite evil.”

Girl: “Hanna Montana because I have lots of bracelets and earrings and my mom don’t want me to be a butterfly.”

Boy: Thinking…. finally said “I want to be ‘Iderman’ because I lost my costume and we went to walmart to get one.”

Boy: “Gas, because I read about it.”

Girl: “Cheerleader because I can then scream at a lot at boys.”

Girl: “Fairy vampire because I have vampire teeth.” She then opened her mouth wide and it was very apparent that her teeth were pointed.

Girl: “Spidergirl so I can throw webs around my dog.”

Girl: “Hanna Montana because I sat on a newspaper with her name on it.”

Boy: “Clone Trooper from Starwars because I want to be able to go to a planet.”

Boy: “Firefighter. I have to be that because I have to practice NOT to light my mom’s lighter. She don’t want me to start a fire.” I asked if he tried to light her lighter and he said, “Yep, I did, one time, and I got in big trouble.”

Girl: “Hanna Montana.” I asked why and she very shyly said, “I don’t know.” The boy beside her chimed in loudly “Because you want to be Hot!“

Boy: “Zombie! My costume is black and it has a black mask, and it has meat and bones and a black cape and my leg will be chopped off.” His friend next to him said, “That’s too scary I don’t want to go trick or treating with you.”

No comments: