Thursday, November 6, 2008

Breakfast is the Most Important Meal

There are always stomach aches in the weeks following Halloween. A kindergarten girl brought a boy from her class to the office. He was slightly doubled over, small beads of sweat broken out on his forehead and an ashen look to his face. Within a mere nanosecond or two I took in all this, yep, stomach ache.

“This is my cousin,” she said. “I see him drinking soda and eating candy all the time. Especially the yellow candy, he likes yellow.”

“It’s brown with green things,” said the boy referring the candy he likes. At least I think that’s what he was referring to.

The girl continued, “I like the candy with the pointy things on the side. They are my favorite!”

Meanwhile a little girl lying on cot two on the other side of the room overheard our conversation. She jumped in with her own comment, “In the mornings there’s nothing to drink at my house. So I drink coffee and eat chocolate candy!”

No comments: