Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dizzy Gillespie

When kids come into my office and say they are dizzy. I always ask them to explain how they feel since kids often use that term very loosely. I had a little boy laying on the cot and a group of kindergarteners entered. One girl asked the boy on the cot what was wrong and he said he was dizzy. So I started questioning the group to see if they knew what dizzy meant.

Girl: “It is when my head hurts.”

Boy: “Too much spinning around. You don’t know where you are going.”

Boy: “It means YIKES!”

Boy: “I’m not really smart, I don’t know anything that big.”

Girl: “When people are taking too much. Your head moves back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.”

Girl: “My mom gets dizzy a lot. My Dad said she is dizzy. I hope I don’t get it.”

Boy: “When you’re dizzy it means you can’t sit up straight.”

Girl: “I saw someone dizzy one time. They were holding their head and said a bad word.”

Boy: “Dizzy means you go up and down.”

No comments: