Friday, December 12, 2008

Better to Give then Receive

The holiday spirit hits people of all ages. I asked the kids today what they are going to get their Mom and Dad for Christmas.

**** First Grader kids ****

For Mom: “I'm getting her hardy shoes. They make tattoos to stick on those shoes.”
For Dad: “My Dad's not in the mood for shoe stuff like that.”

For Mom: “-I'm giving my Mom a souvenier from school.”
For Dad: “I'm giving my Dad money to buy a motorcycle.” I asked him how much money he was going to give his Dad. He replied “I have 50 money saved up fer him.”

**** Kindergarten Kids ****

For Mom: “A tissue box fer cleaning her nose.”
For Dad: “A wheel pumper cause he says his car wheel always goes down when he's sleeping.”

For Mom: “A flower, a rose flower.”
For Dad: “Nuthin! Only maybe just a card cause he hollared at me yesterday fer nuthin.”

For Mom: “A Christmas sock.”
For Dad: “A lollipop.”

For Mom: “Socks.”
For Dad: “Socks.”

For Mom: “Healthy cereal.”
For Dad: “Junk food cereal.”

For Mom: “Green sparkle nail polish.”
For Dad: “A pencil that won't break so he can get some work done.”

For Mom: “A diamond sparkling ring.”
For Dad: “A watch with turtles on it fer work. I saw it in Walmart. He's gonna like my present.”

No comments: